Friday, June 24, 2011

Home again

Made it back a week 1/2 ago, no injuries, gastrointestinal distress or trama.

For those of you who may have concerns about your health while traveling, I can only say if you stick to boiled water, or bottled drinks, well cooked food, lots of rest and good company, you will do well.

This has been an amazing journey, not only to see the other side of the world, the world's tallest mountain, get up close and personal with the people of Nepal, and my fellow travelers, but also to know more about who I am and what I am capable of doing.

Would I do it again, probably. 

We live in a priviledged world in the US, and we need to give back.  What I have seen in Nepal gives me great respect for the way of life of others.  Such happiness, joy and laughter that flows so freely is often missed here in the hustle, bustle, and stress that we impose upon ourselves in the name of progress.  Is there a happy medium, probably.  I still see education as the key to changing the world, both here and in other parts of the world.  I am an older woman who sees the younger women of the world as having the capability of shaping a new destiny for their people, whoever they may be, wherever they may be, here in the States, or half way around the world in Nepal. 

As an older woman, I too have knowledge to share, and so do you.

If you have the opportunity, take the time, give back in whatever way you can.

Signing off from Aurora, Colorado
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment